Expert Mold Damage Service for Glastonbury Properties
Malden Residents Call SERVPRO for Mold Damage Assistance
Nobody plans to have a mold infestation, but you could have colonies developing within your Glastonbury property without realizing it. Because of the possible hazards of mildew and mold growth, you must address the issue as soon as possible. You could develop a mold problem for several reasons, including failed water removal services, burst pipes, or a leaking roof after a recent storm. What matters more than how it got caused is how you go about the cleanup and remediation process. Rather than leaving it to chance with DIY cleanup, hiring skilled technicians to perform a thorough assessment, plan, and restoration is best. SERVPRO is here for all area residents and business owners to ensure you can trust quality results. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, giving you added peace of mind.
Why Do Some People Choose DIY Mold Cleanup?
Many property owners are ill-informed about handling mold damage in Glastonbury. Some will see products that claim to remove the mold, while others try to spray and wipe to clear away spores. However, hiring trained technicians with the best protocols for such a project is the best way to get safe, effective results. These are some things that all property owners should know about mold growth:
- There are countless mold types around us, including the air we breathe, on our clothing inside homes, and outside in the environment.
- All it takes for different types of mold to thrive and colonize is a rise in moisture levels (relative humidity), an organic food source like drywall, paper, or wood, and optimum temperatures.
- Proper mold mitigation and cleanup becomes imperative, or the colonies can damage your interior contents, building materials, structural elements, etc.
Mold Removal is Impossible, So Beware
A lot of companies and products like to claim mold removal. However, total mold eradication is not possible. While effectively cleaning surfaces and contents to restore mold spores to normal levels, you cannot altogether remove them. Calling skilled AMRT technicians who know how mold works and the safest measures for cleanup is the only way to get efficient results you can trust. Additionally, SERVPRO handles the cause of the moisture problem that brought on the mold growth. Failing to address the root cause only means more molds can grow in the near future.
Industrial-grade Equipment and Products Matter
SERVPRO arrives ready for mold cleanup with our Green Fleet stocked with EPA-registered cleaning solutions, antimicrobials, and equipment. We pay special attention to moisture levels, monitoring everything (surface and sub-surface levels) with our detection tools and sensors. The steps that we may follow for your project include:
- Assessment of all areas with suspected mold growth. Such an assessment also involves containment to keep spores from migrating into unaffected regions of your Glastonbury property. We do this with the help of poly sheeting and negative air pressure.
- Humidity control helps us to slow and eventually halt new mold growth. We use water extraction along with drying equipment like dehumidifiers.
- Once the mold-growth area gets dried, we begin cleaning with air scrubbers, vacuums, and filtration units to pull up particles.
- All surfaces are cleaned with disinfectants and antimicrobials to eliminate musty odors and thwart new mold growth.
How Do you Handle Damaged Building Materials and Contents?
When moisture and mold saturation become severe, we dispose of unsalvageable materials and perform controlled demolition. This reconstruction phase helps us replace materials and finish everything to make it “Like it never even happened.” Anything deemed unsalvageable gets disposed of accordingly to local guidelines. – Mold Remediation Contractor License #: 0646584
Regardless of the magnitude of your mold damage project, SERVPRO of Glastonbury/Wethersfield is here to assist. Contact our team by calling (860) 633-8791 or request help online at your earliest convenience.