Skilled Fire Damage Help for Glastonbury Residents
SERVPRO Offers Fire Damage Cleanup in Glastonbury 24/7
Disruption in your home or business is added stress nobody wants. However, these emotions and stress levels multiply when a fire is involved. Never act hastily by attempting DIY cleanup of fire-damaged homes, as this can worsen matters. Instead, calling skilled fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) from SERVPRO gets fast, effective results. All our technicians are trained and certified to address fire damage situations, providing the attention to detail that all Glastonbury property owners deserve. Once we finish the project, it will be “Like it never even happened.”
Urgency is Vital with All Fire-Related Restorations
Once you contact us for help with fire damage in Glastonbury, it sets a chain of events in motion. With your call to our customer care team, we gather all the necessary information about the fire that took place and your property and determine if there is any unique need that must get addressed. We are ready to go for all commercial and residential calls within hours of your call. Our rapid response and entry as soon as emergency crews clear your building help us get the results you deserve.
Structural Safety and Fire and Smoke Mitigation
Part of beginning any project means determining the best course of action. With this, we must also ensure that your building is safe for the team to get to work. Our crew chief considers several factors when planning your project, including:
- Possible hazards – We consider structural safety, including charred joists, damaged floors, overhead hazards, and all supporting materials.
- Power – During cleanup and restoration, power usually gets turned off to avoid electrical dangers. We bring backup power units to run our equipment as needed.
- Toxins/chemicals – If your fire zone includes any cleaning agents and other chemicals (usually at a commercial facility or residential garage), we take the proper precautions.
How are Smoke and Soot Handled?
All surfaces must get assessed and carefully addressed, even if the project gets cleaned up after a small kitchen fire. Soot and smoke residue can vary depending on burned materials, accelerants, air currents, etc. We take a look at all impacted materials and the soot residue present.
- Fast-burning fires will often generate powdery soot.
- Slow-burning fires sometimes put out sticky, wet smoke residue.
SERVPRO technicians have various wet or dry cleaning options to generate quality results. We always work to repair versus replace whenever possible to salvage unburnt wood, textiles, carpeting, and other materials.
It is important to note that all smoke residue that does not get adequately cleaned can bring on continued/secondary damage. These are some things that our IICRC-certified technicians keep in mind when selecting cleaning and deodorization measures:
- Rapid action allows us to keep pungent smoke odors from lingering and further permeating porous materials.
- Typical by-products of fire, soot, and smoke lead to corrosion and discoloration of building materials and contents.
- We must address smoke particles that can lead to material damage, but there are also possible health effects.
Our crew wears personal protective equipment (PPE) during remediation and reconstruction. Our PPE generally includes coveralls, boots, gloves, respirators, and gloves. Foot coverings also limit the number of soils tracked from one building area to the next.
What if There is Moisture in My Home After the Fire?
SERVPRO knows that water removal services and fire restoration often go hand-in-hand. We promptly address any standing water or chemicals left by first responders putting out the fire. We then use moisture detection tools to ensure nothing gets left behind during the restoration project that could turn into further damage or mold growth.
When you require fire damage restoration assistance, SERVPRO of Glastonbury/Wethersfield is here to help. Call us at (860) 633-8791 or request help online.