Water Damage Within Your Glastonbury Property
Call SERVPRO in Glastonbury for Water Damage Restoration
Any home or business owner will cringe at the mere thought of water damage and all that is involved in the cleanup process. No matter the cause of the water emergency, you need it fixed – and fast. The longer a property has standing water or moisture lurking, the more damage multiples and bring the possibility of hazardous mildew and mold development. SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, with rapid emergency response times. We arrive quickly to work, providing results for Glastonbury homes and businesses. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, coming in just four hours or less of your initial call to our customer service team.
To get started on your water damage project in Glastonbury, our team comes in to assess the damage to understand the best way to proceed. The crew chief assigned to your property inspects the impacted materials, the surfaces that must get addressed, and the type of water present. What this does is help us to select the right equipment, the number of pieces necessary to facilitate cleaning and drying, and everything we need to achieve our goals.
24-hour Response Matters with Water Removal Services
Water-related incidents require prompt action if you want to salvage belongings and materials. Our IICRC-certified SERVPRO technicians have access to a wealth of tools and equipment in our warehouse, and we stock our Green Fleet with many of the following:
- Water removal equipment – We have a broad range of industry-proven equipment and tools, including gas-powered and submersible pumps, truck-mounted extractors, wet-dry vacuums, weighted extractors, and carpet wands. We determine the level of water saturation and select tools accordingly. We continuously monitor progress and adjust equipment accordingly for water removal and drying.
- Dehumidification and drying equipment – Addressing relative humidity (RH) is paramount with all water damage calls. We use industrial-grade fans, desiccant dehumidifiers, and other equipment to restore RH to normal levels so that moisture is not an issue.
- Cleaning and deodorizing products – All surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized for water restoration projects. Additionally, our Odor Control Technicians (OCT) know what to select to eliminate foul, musty odors rather than masking them.
How Does SERVPRO Handle Areas with Hidden Moisture?
Water migrates to dry spaces while moving along a path of least resistance. SERVPRO technicians are trained in structural drying to offer specialized care for all projects. Anywhere moisture migrates gets thoroughly inspected and addressed, such as behind your baseboards, underneath cabinets, and beneath the flooring. Our unique tools and methods can often get to hidden moisture with little or no disruption to your building materials or structural elements. Some of our moisture detection tools include:
- Surface moisture meters
- Penetrating/probing moisture meters
- Thermal imaging equipment
Depending on the areas where moisture lurks, we may use controlled demolition measures to address it. Options usually involve:
- Weep/Drill Holes – We can create drill (weep) holes and remove baseboards to get into water pooling areas. Such action allows for an opening to relieve water and boost air circulation with positive air pressure.
- Positive Air Pressure – After handling pooling within tight spaces or behind walls, we use positive air pressure units. The units come with outlet hoses that our technicians place into the drilled holes to force warm air inside for faster drying.
We Have you Covered for all your Insurance Documentation
One less thing you have to worry about when working with SERVPRO for your water remediation project is all of the insurance paperwork. We ensure all documents get filled out correctly, so you have everything you need to file your claim with your insurance provider. SERVPRO knows how important it is to have a trusted liaison when faced with any restoration emergency.
SERVPRO of Glastonbury/Wethersfield is the team to call for all water damage repair and restoration needs. Request help online or call (860) 633-8791.